Hershel S Robinson wrote:

> Hello.  I am a real Linux newbie, and this appears to be the place I'm
> allowed to ask real newbie questions. I am running Mandrake 6.0 (with
> KDE) on a Dell Optiplex GX1 (with an ATI Technologies 3D PRO TURBO
> graphics card) with Windows NT 4.0.  I have LILO installed on the
> 14gig C drive.  I have Windows on the first partition, and Linux on
> the last 3. My questions are: 1 How do I change the screen resolution
> within Linux?  It is too high and everything is hard to read. 2 When I
> run Gimp, my screen colors change--they become so dark I can not read
> the buttons on the title bar of Gimp itself.  When I activate any
> other window, the colors return to normal again.  What's the
> problem? 3 I tried to change the default system of LILO from somewhere
> inside the linuxconf, but when I activated the changes, it generated
> an error.  I think I saw somewhere that LILO does not run so well with
> Windows NT.  Is this true?  Even if it is true, is there a way to
> change the default system?  (I am expecting to get another hard drive
> in a few months, but in the meantime, I only have one) Thank you very
> much,
> Hershel Robinson
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Rather than reduce the screen resolution try changing the default font
size from 75 dpi to 100 dpi, it makes a HUGE difference and still gives
great screen resolution.

don't recall the exact place I found the instructions but I found them
on the net (believe it was a universities instruction on how to hook up
to their "net"),  I'll look shortly and post them if I can find them
again..

Joe