On Tue, 07 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> hi there,
> i've seen various posts about screen resolution probs (with no answer to my
> particulart situation).
> unfortunately, the ctrl-alt-plus does nothing. in
> fact, the resolution isn't even 640x480, its some
> sort of default resolution (like 240x310). i've
> tried to install on two different boxes, both have
> the same problem, and both have AGP video cards
> (but not the same card)... is the AGP card the
> problem? if it is, what's the work-around for it?
> the text console runs fine and even the GUI works
> correctly (what i can see of it), so this just
> seems to be a video issue. any help would be
> greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

AFAIK linux doesnt have any preferance towards AGP or PCI cards, except it does
probe for a PCI one.   The problem could be that your card isn't supported by
Linux yet or it could be something simple, like you've selected the wrong
colour depth/screen resolution.  Try running XF86Setup ( you may need to
install first though)

What card are you using?  If it's a voodoo or
TNT card, then you can download the drivers for these. http://glide.xxedgexx.com
for the VooDoo drivers and the x-server. I think theres info there about other
graphix cards too.

--
Best Regards,
Paul Hendrick