On Friday 28 Jun 2002 10:47 pm, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 Jun 2002 9:15 am, you wrote:

> > > Sounds helpful - I'll try to get it.
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Alternatives to GPS may already be on your disks, perhaps even installed.
> > Try:-
> > Applications > Monitoring > KDE System Guard
> > or
> > Applications > Monitoring > Process management
> >
> > Both will show CPU Usage, Memory Usage, and allow you to kill your
> > processes from GUI.
>
> You're right, they're both there.
>
> I'm still having problems with my sound - the startup sound arrives minutes
> or hours after startup - and sure enough aRts was taking a slice of CPU and
> memory.  I used the hang-up (this in Process Management) and got a crash
> message, though it wasn't clear just what had gone.  Anyway, aRts
> disappeared, so I'm waiting to see if the sound problem improves.  I'm
> assuming that I've got a cumulative problem, with a process never
> completing.
>
> Anne
>
> I've just logged out and back in - and the sound's fine!
> Multiple problems solved in one! :-)

Spoke too soon.

I had to boot Win98 this morning.  Returned immediately to MK but have not
had any sound since.  Process Management shows artsd as running.

When I 'hung up' before, it gave an error message about noatun crashing.  Is
this related?  noatun seems to have started at boot-up.

This is getting depressing.

Anne