Hi all,

I have been given one of these drives. I have 3 different tapes with it.

One tape is DDS another is DDS2 and the third is DDS3.

It is connected to my Advansys SCSI Card which also has a Scanner attached.

A scan of the scsi buses gives :

scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) *
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) 'HP      ' 'HP35480A        ' 'T603' Removable Tape
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *
scsibus1:
        1,0,0   100) 'HP      ' 'CD-Writer+ 8200 ' '1.0f' Removable CD-ROM
        1,1,0   101) *
        1,2,0   102) *
        1,3,0   103) *
        1,4,0   104) *
        1,5,0   105) *
        1,6,0   106) *
        1,7,0   107) *--
registered Linux user 277766

The CD-Writer is an IDE device and it works.

My problem is that I have no idea how to use the tape drive.

Could someone give me some pointers please.

Is it worth playing with?
Which tape would work with it?
What backup software could I use with it?
I installed Arkeia on my Mandrake 8.0 kernel 2.4.3 system
when I bought it but the temporary license expired long
before I got the drive..
( at the moment I am using cdbackup 0.6.2 with the CDRW )

thanks,
norm