> We had a similar problem.  We had weird symptoms such as a logger looked
> like it was running away, find made the machine hang (had to use the
> power button on that one) but only sometimes.  Turned out to be flaky
> RAM.  As soon as we replaced it and doubled it, all was right with the
> world.  We used http://www.memtest86.com/ for testing the RAM.

Mmmm. Normally I'd think the same thing, except that I've already been
through the bad RAM episode last year with this computer. I had the RAM
replaced and, as you said, all was well. I guess I should test it again
anyway to be sure.

The scary thing was that last time I used a RAMtester it didn't find
anything, but the RAM _was_ corrupt. Yikes.

Thanks :)

Pippin
--
"And I said 'Oh boy... right... again.'"

- Laurie Anderson, "Let X=X"

http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~chikken/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]