The protest message I send to "offending" websites:

--------------------------------
Do you realize that limitations you have built into your website
cut off more than half the world from being able to access your website?

How savvy is that?

Why in the world would you design your website to require visitors
to use any one type of browser (and/or specific add-on functions like
flash) when more than half of the computer users in the world cannot
access your website as a consequence?

Furthermore, when they require a bunch of personal info that I do not
want to provide, I just put "X's" in each field and for an email address:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

;))