On Monday 08 July 2002 04:19 am, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got the Loki version of Quake 3 and it installs well, but doesn't want
> to start. I guess the problem is my nvidia geforce2. I have 3d (armagetron
> etc. works) but quake 3 just doesn't want to start. How can I start it?
>
> Tenchi

Hi Tenchi. I've got the Loki version as well, and it worked fine up to v8.2
of Mandrake. From that release on, it lost sound. I could run the game with
sound disabled: +set s_initsound 0

If the game runs for you like this, then it is a sound driver problem.

If you're getting a signal 11 and exiting (when run normally) then go to:

ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/quake3/linux/

and download:

linuxq3apoint-1.31.x86.run

Its big, like 24-27 megs...

Install it, and it should work fine then.  It worked for me. (thanks to Femme
Fatale for all this info)

IF this is not your problem, then be specific and tell us what is (include
error messages if possible!)

PS Is your nickname from the Japanese word "tenchi" which means "heaven and
earth"?

--
                                                                          /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord