On Monday 08 July 2002 03:27 pm, Sharrea wrote:
> Sevatio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> saith:
> > What's your opinion of IBM Hard Drives?  I was going to continue buying
> > them since IBM is a supporter of Linux.  However, some of the customer
> > feedbacks I've been reading makes me apprehensive about touching these.
>
> Jeez I seem to be the only one with a dislike for them (on this list
> anyway).  Yes, I too have heard of quite a few major disasters.  One person
> recently had his replaced a third time in 6 weeks and it still died and
> man, was he pissed off!

ummm, my experience with them, tho limited, has been negative also.  I had a
75gig deskstar that died after just a few months of operation.  IBM was
pretty good about giving an rma for it, but it was lost in the mail (I'm
still battling usps for the money).  So, other than the only one I used dying
in short order at a cost much higher than comparable maxtors, I can't say
much else except that I've never wanted to try one again.  I just stick to
maxtors mot now.

-s