> Basically, stay away.  The new ones are not rated for 24/7 operation.
>  The only decent drives left in IDE seem to be Maxtor, and I have
> returned one of their 60G models this year.
>
> Civileme

   I've got a 20 gig Maxtor here that I am planning to send back for the
third time, for the same identical problem.  Not long after installing the
OS and assorted goodies, the beast returned a hard drive failure on POST,
sent it back, got a replacement, installed it, and didn't even make it
through the OS install before it exhibited the same problem.  I gave up, and
went back to Western Digital, which I have never had a problem with in the
years I've used them.  (knocks wood)  The Maxtor is now doing a passable job
of serving as a paperweight these days...

Belgarius

---