On Monday 08 July 2002 11:17 pm, you wrote:
> John,
>
> I'll try to help as best I can.  Sorry that the information you've
> gotten so far has not helped; I hope we can get it working.
>
> Have you tried changing the interrupt that the card resides on?
>
> And have you managed to get the exact model of the Aureal 8830/8820 that
> you have?  Mine turned out to be a Superquad.
>
> What is the present IRQ that you card is on?
>
> LX

Okay, I am a little clueless. I do know that my aureal card was set to irq 10
before I installed a sound blaster 16 card. (I needed sound in Linux, but
could NOT get the drivers to work. It is now IRQ 11.)

I don't know how to change an interrupt (sorry to be clueless.)

The exact model I have is an authentic aureal. the win drivers on the cd are
A-3D copyright 1999 Aureal, Inc. On the actual card, it says A-3D and Aureal.
It also has powered by vortex.

John Drouhard
P.S. - maybe I could see your /etc/modules.conf file. Thanks!