Hi Y’all

    I’m trying to install Mandrake 8.2 on a test box I have put together. However the install program hangs with

Kernel Panic: VFS Unable to mount root on 01:03.

Whilst booting the install linux kernel.

This occurred when the disk was un-partitioned, and still occurs when after I successfully installed RedHat 7.1

It also occurs under text install mode and any other option I care to pass the install prog.

The box spec:

PC Chips M810LR (SIS 730 chipset)

256MB ram

Duron 1333

Maxtor 40GB drive

PS2 K/B and Mouse

I have tried turning off PNP bios settings but to no affect. If anyone can shed any light on this that would be great.

Cheers J

Howard

Howard Stredwick

PHP, ASP, JSP Web Developer