I used to run an ISP

I also have my system configured so I can dial into it
while I am on the road.  This gives me internet and mail
access.  (I have a T1 with my own mail server)

You are going to run into a few of problems with your idea.

1.  It is probably against the user agreement of your isp.
2.  You will need additional phone lines at your location ($12-$15 each)
3.   You will need to have the phone company "roll over" all calls to your
      extra lines to 1 number.
4.  YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE MORE THAN 33.6K CONNECTIONS
     to your friends and family without digital lines at your location.  In
     order to get the "fast" 56k, you gotta be digital (at least on the
     dial-in server side)
5.  Without setting up your own mail server, you will not be able to provide
      email addresses for your "clients"

You will run into more.

If your motive for this project is to learn about dial up servers, it is a
great project.

If your motive is profit,  forget it.   Hire a professional to do the setup.

Todd