Hi - I've just upgraded from a 486 to a P166 with a S3 Virge DX/GX PCI
graphics card with 2MB memory. Installed MDK 7.0 today but can't get X
desktop to display properly. There is a jagged box under the curser and
lines running through the display. If I move a window it leaves shadows
behind.
I was running Win95 on the 486 with built in graphics and in 800X600 res it
would fill up my whole screen. Now on my P166 with WIN98 there are gaps on
either side of the display (also in 800X600 ) - same monitor.
Do I need an updated driver for the S3 Virge? or how can I fix both the MDK
and WIN problems.

PC DETAILS:
                              *  System Summary  *
                              ********************

< Hardware >
    Processor:          GenuineIntel Pentium(R)  167 MHz xB1 & mxB1
    Math Support:       On Chip
    BIOS:               Compaq 07/08/97
    Bus Type:           PCI
    Ports:              1 Parallel, 2 Serial
    Memory:             64.0 MB  (63% Utilized)
    Floppy Disks:       1.44 MB
    Hard Disks:         3.02 GB
    Multimedia:         CD-ROM
    Video:              800x600 in 64K Colors, S3 ViRGE-DX/GX PCI (375/385)
Ver. 4.0

< Operating System >
    Windows:            4.10 (Build 2222 A )
    DOS:                7.10
    Net Clients:
                        Microsoft Network

                              *  Display Summary  *

Monitor: AcerView 33D
Video Chipset: S3 ViRGE-DX/GX PCI (375/385) Ver. 4.0
Resolution: 800x600 in 64K Colors

< Device Information >
  Driver Version: 4.0
  Technology: Raster display