Gatto is not strictly unschooling, buy big on ANYTHING other than what we
have now.  He is big on charter schools, MAJOR reform, and homeschooling.
His latest book is the best (over 400 pages), heavily footnoted and rich in
information on not only education, but living a rich (not money wise) life.
The list of well known people complimenting it goes on for several pages.
Check out his web site until you have time to get the books :)
Keith