On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 20:43:31 -0500
Keith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With these quotes on education, you may ENJOY reading John Taylor Gatto,
>
> former 31 year New York City teacher, teacher of the year for the state
> his last two years, last 3 years for the city, then he resigned via a
> Wall Street Journal op-ed piece, saying he could no longer harm
> children, the educational system needs major reform to truly educate.
> His books are facinating. www.johntaylorgatto.com

I've not read his books, but I'm familiar with the
un-schooling/de-schooling concept, which I'm very seriously considering
for my daughter. I'm particularly fond of Roger Schank and Peter McLaren.
I suppose Ivan Illich is the one who turned me on to the deschooling
aspect.

It turns out I have JTG's Dumbing us Down on my amazon.com wishlist.

Regards,
Todd