do you have "shared video memory" with an onboard video card? if so you will
need to hit "f1" instead of "enter" when first prompted to hit enter to
install or upgrade. you will then need to tell the installer how much memory
it can use without effecting the video memory, like this (without the quotes)
"linux mem=xxxM" where xxx is changed to equal the amount of ram availabel to
the system after subtracting for video ram. so if I had 128 meg ram, but had
shared 16 megs with the video, I would type  "linux mem=112M"