Hi,

I am trying to install Mandrake8.2 on my new
Athlon(XP1800+) box from the installation CDs
(downloaded from one of the mirrors).
The installer interface comes up and when i choose to
install, it fails and issue a kernel panic.
The following are the first few error msgs:

vesafb:frame buffer  <and some hex numbers>
vesafb:mode is 800X600X16; line length = 1600; pages 3
vesafb:protected mode interface at c000:c590

I would like to know what is the problem and how i can
get around it.
I had the same problem when i tried to install
redhat7.2

Other info.
has win2k running( planning to make a dual boot
machine)

Thanks
Ravi