On Sunday 29 Sep 2002 8:39 pm, Marcia wrote:
> This sounds like it could be my problem. I just remembered that KDE
> started to give me some problems with my older machine and there was
> nothing wrong with my machine. I am going on intuition about this but I
> really think that is it. Thanks for this info very much.
> By the way what exactly did you do to get KDE to work correctly. All of
> your symptoms are just like mine. Thanks again.

Hi Marcia

Can't remember exactly which KDE styles were causing problems at the time
but "System++", "System-Series", "Keramik" and "Mosfet's Liquid" (the
latter two were downloaded) come to mind.

I was just so relieved to have solved the problem that I stuck to the plain
ol' "KDE default" style for ages afterwards.  Also note that that was with
both MDK8.1 and Cooker with KDE3.0.  One would think those bugs would have
been fixed by now.  Now using MDK9.0 with a downloaded "Keramik" and no
problems whatsoever.

Of course this may not solve your problem at all but worth a try anyway.

Sharrea
--
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better" so I installed Linux