On Monday 30 September 2002 01:30 pm, Poogle wrote:
> On Monday 30 Sep 2002 H:06 pm, Graham Watkins wrote:
> > This is probably a long shot. I'm trying to get a Primax Colorado 9600
> > USB scanner working with Mandrake 8.2.  Hardrake detects it, it shows up
> > under dmesg output, but Scanimage can't find it and Xsane reports that
> > no devices have been found.
> >
> > Has anyone been down this road before.  If so, how did you do it?
>
> I think you are out of luck, a quick glance at the sane compatibility page
> shows that it is not yet supported. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

try looking at these sites:

http://orbita.starmedia.com/~neofpo/yaprimaxgui.html

http://primax.sourceforge.net/

They may shed some light on your problem. I remember that
my acer usb scanner needed to have it's firmware uploaded using a perl
script and a modification of the sane backend.

Be prepared for a lot of trial and error and an equal amount of frustration.

Regards,

Mudder