Hi there,

        I went recently onto the website called www.linux-usb.org in which it
tells the devices that are currently supported by Linux that happen to
have USB ports.

        To my delight, my scanner was listed (UMAX Astra 1220U), however it
said that I needed kernel version 2.2.19 to operate it.  It said I
didn't need any drivers for it.

        I purchased LM 7.2 from the store and it has on there (according to my
information) 2.2.17-21mdk version of the kernel.  Would that work or do
I have to get 2.2.19 or higher to operate it?  If I have to get the
other version of the kernel and I complile it, do I lose everything
that I had here before?  I don't want to lose my settings for the
soundcard, video and everything else.  Also, if I do have to get the
new version of the kernel and it won't effect the outcome of my system,
can you please tell me how to compile it?

        Thank-you very much!

=====
Richard Wegner - Linux User - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NOTE: Derek Rayne is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER this is just an
e-mail address I chose!

"I don't do Windows" me (Proud Linux User)  ICQ #: 12781393