mudder wrote:

>try looking at these sites:
>
>http://orbita.starmedia.com/~neofpo/yaprimaxgui.html
>
>http://primax.sourceforge.net/
>
>They may shed some light on your problem. I remember that
>my acer usb scanner needed to have it's firmware uploaded using a perl
>script and a modification of the sane backend.
>
>Be prepared for a lot of trial and error and an equal amount of frustration.
>

>Regards,
>
>Mudder

Thanks for the links.  So far as I can make out, they are doing their
best to write drivers for every Primax scanner  but mine.  Time to think
about a new model, I guess.

Can anyone recommend one?  I'm not the world's greatest hacker so ease
of setup is an important consideration.

--
Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up next
to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)

Registered Linux user number 265254      http://counter.li.org