leeg100 wrote:

>$^&@#!$^!!! I had no idea that supermount UNmounted after closing the
>Konqueror window.  I'm running Mdk 9.0.  I opened my Zip drive and opened an
>Openoffice spreadsheet.  I had it open for a little while, and inadvertently
>closed the Konq window showing my Zip drive's directory... didn't think
>anything of it.  Then I went to save my file and OO says it doesn't exist!  I
>thought, Gee, I guess it unmounted automatically.  I reopened it, and the
>file is now gone.  Dammit!

I think this is a bug, not a feature - 8.2 has no problems with
supermount (8.1 had it disabled by default).  I have experienced the
same problem in 9.0, though removing the floppy and reinsterting does
the trick.

>So... how do I make removable media in Mandrake 9.0 under KDE act like they do
>in say, Redhat?  In RH 7.3, you right-click a CD or Zip drive icon and select
>"mount" or "unmount".  Nice and easy and no need to type a mount command if a
>shell prompt is not open... and apparently safer than Mdk's supermount.

You can control the properties of removable media through the Control
Center->Mount Points.

Sir Robin