On Thursday 03 Oct 2002 2:08 pm, leeg100 wrote:
> To speed up the keyboard typematic rate, I added this line to the end of
> /etc/profile:
>
> kbdrate -r 30 -d 250
>
> ...but it doesn't work from there.
>
> As root at a console prompt, it works fine.  Regular users apparently
> don't have rights to use the command.
>
> So... where/how should I configure this?
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

You can also edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 under the section "Input Devices =>
Keyboard Section".  For example you could change

Option    "AutoRepeat"       "250 30"
Option    "AutoRepeat"       "200 50"

The first number is the delay time in milliseconds before a key starts
repeating and the second number is the rate which specifies the number of
times a key repeats per second.   See man keyboard for further information.

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today