On Monday 30 September 2002 08:28 pm, leeg100 wrote:

> So... how do I make removable media in Mandrake 9.0 under KDE act
> like they do in say, Redhat?  In RH 7.3, you right-click a CD or
> Zip drive icon and select "mount" or "unmount".  Nice and easy and
> no need to type a mount command if a shell prompt is not open...
> and apparently safer than Mdk's supermount.

I ddin't see where you got an answer so I'll take a stab at it.  Well,
disable it first in fstab, and then right click your kde desktop and
choose make a new floppy device (or even the cdrom one will work
too).  Then adjust the settings to your drive and pick out an icon.
It should now have mount and umount in it's right click menu.  To
disable supermount, type as root:  supermount -i disable.
-s