Hi all,

Baffled by this one, anyone got any ideas?

I'm trying to upgrade a box currently running Mandrake 8.2
(Pentium 133, 64 MB RAM, one 6.4GB hard drive as the primary
master, a Mitsumi FX240S as the primary slave, and a second 2GB
hard drive as the secondary master). Insert the 9.0 disk 1, with
the PC set to boot from CD-ROM of course, I get the usual POST
and BIOS messages, then the following

ISOLINUX 1.76 Mandrake Linux isolinux
isolinux: Failed to locate CD-ROM drive: boot failed

And that's it - the PC hangs, and a hard reboot is the only way
out.

Yes, the downloaded images did give correct MD5 sums before I
burned them to CD.

Anyone have any ideas? Obviously the system still knows it has
the CD-ROM there (at least initially), as it would otherwise drop
me into GRUB and my 8.2 startup. I can't believe Mandrake have
removed support for my particular CD-ROM from V9.0.

Thanks,

Brian.