Well, first of all I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 that runs Mandrake 8.2 great.
I plan to convert it to 9.0 over the weekend.  Of course, it's the GeForce 2
version.

To get over Outlook, try Evolution.  It's very similar.

For a Visio replacement try Kivio.

Both of these programs are available on your Mandrake CDs.  I'm not familiar
with the Checkpoint software or object management consoles.  So, I don't know
what the GNU/Linux equivalent might be.  I also don't understand your Radeon
problems.  Can you give a description of what's wrong?