I've converted my laptop to Mandrake 9 now, but still find it mandatory
to use my old WInXP partition (although I hate it more every day) only
because I am so heavily dependant on Outlook (MAPI
messaging/scheduling/groupware), and things like the CheckPoint mgnt
console, other security-object management consoles which are built for
Winblows, etc.  At home I'm still using XP because I like my ATI Radeon
7500+remote card and haven't been able to find a place on the web that
describes how to get that working well...and ATI sure doesn't support
LINUX too well, heh.

I'm hoping that the tide starts to turn even faster so that my Inspiron
8100 can be converted entirely to LINUX from my pathetically unstable
WinXP platform.

If anyone can recommend some good software to reduce my dependance on
Outlook, Visio, etc, PLEASE DO SO, I'm open to suggestions.  I'm in one
of those positions to recommend...we have a couple fortune 10 clients at
work...one of them is quite dependant on us for their security as well
as other intiatives....I only regret that this is the best place I've
found for LINUX support.....there aren't very many "active" message
boards....sure mandrake-user.org has posts but...you get one reply
every, what, week?

Thanks guys - let's keep the ball rolling!!

+      Ralph                     | Internet Systems & Security   +
+       Boundariez.com           | -"Specializing in Paranoia"-  +
+    ralph[at]boundariez[dot]com     |  Never understimate the power +
+    AIM: SekurityWizard         |         stupid people         +
+    ICQ: 2206039                |        in large groups        +