On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 08:55, Robin Turner wrote:
> Sorry if this question has already been answered, but a browse through
> the archives for the past month hasn't revealed anything.
>
> The Nvidia website has no drivers for 9.0.  Threads in the archives only
> refer to drivers in the Mandrake Club site.
>
> \begin{irrelevance} And no, I am not going to join the Mandrake Club - I
> feel I put enough back into the OS movement by answering questions,
> writing documentation etc., and if I ever become financially solvent,
> I'd rather give my support by a straight donation or buying shares,
> rather than paying for closed-source stuff which I either don't need or
> should be freely available. \end{irrelevance}
>
> So, does anyone know where I can get 9.0 drivers, or whether 8.2 drivers
> can be made to work with the 2419-16 kernel?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sir Robin

Sir Robin,

Making them from the source seems to work more reliably than rpms, even
though I understand that the "source" is really just a packaged binary.

I am using the NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2960.tar.gz very happily with 9.0
having tried NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123.tar.gz and found it not to work.

If you have the same experience and have trouble finding the 2960
version, e-mail me off-list and I'll send it on over.

HTH
Brian