Hi all,

> I don't know if its just my level of security or what, but the
> options to logout, halt, and reboot don't show up when I logout of
> KDE in Mandrake Linux 9.0.  I previously had RedHat Linux 7.3
> installed, and the options were  there.  What am I missing?  Is
> there a security level that will trigger those options to disappear?
> I have the  "Higher" security setting on right now.

> This isn't tearing me apart, but its rather annoying...

I have a very similar question - in 9.0 I can't run shutdown as a
regular user anymore - says command not found. So I guessed it's in
/sbin which isn't in a regular user's path so I typed /sbin/shutdown
-r now but bash said only root can do that. Shutdown has r-x
permission for all, so, I wonder, what setting/file do I need to
change in order to be able to run shutdown as a regular user?

--
TIA
Roman