ivette brusselmans, Thursday 24 October 2002 20:15:
> installed VNC. How do I start up the programme? When I run Console
> VNCserver, i get the following message:[luc@localhost luc]$ vncserver
>
> Warning: localhost.thuis.com:1 is taken because of /tmp/.X11-unix/X1
> Remove this file if there is no X server localhost.thuis.com:1
>
> Warning: localhost.thuis.com:2 is taken because of /tmp/.X11-unix/X2
> Remove this file if there is no X server localhost.thuis.com:2
>
> New 'X' desktop is localhost.thuis.com:3
>
> Starting applications specified in /home/luc/.vnc/xstartup
> Log file is /home/luc/.vnc/localhost.thuis.com:3.log
>
> [luc@localhost luc]$
>
> Any ideas?

I think it /is/ starting. Find out with ps -A|grep vnc.
Delete those lock files in /tmp/.X11-unix/ and restart it so it will run on X
server 1.
I launch it with:

$vncserver -depth 16 -geometry 800x600

On the other box I do:

$vncviewer <server i.p.>:1

Also, I think /etc/X11/kdm/Xaccess needs a * on one line.

RichardA