On Sunday 03 November 2002 18:20, john drouhard wrote:
> I currently have Mandrake 9.0. It is installed on a 40 GB hard drive. I
> want to mess around with RedHat 8.0 a little. I was wondering how to set up
> my machine so I can boot into either Mandrake or Redhat. I also need to
> know how to install RedHat in addition to Mandrake. Do I have to reformat
> my partitions? Thanks for any help.
>
> -John Drouhard

The easiest way is to install RedHat into a separate partition and boot it
with a boot-floppy after installing it the way you normally would.
It's a bit slower to boot but that way you get some time to decide whether you
want to keep it i.e. install some other distrib or whatever:o)

Be sure to create the needed partition first (''parted'' on floppies does a
great job, especially if you need to resize) though. You can let RH and Mdk
share the same swap, you won't be running them simultaneously.

If you want to, you can add your RH partition/install using your existing lilo
(or grub) in Mdk but you will have to create the specific init.rd for it to
point to. To tackle that you will have to have RH already installed so that's
for later:o)

Good Luck,
Harm