From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:newbie-owner@;linux-mandrake.com]On Behalf Of Stephen Kuhn
Sent: Tuesday, 5 November 2002 7:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] Desktop Switching tool?

Hmmm....drop down list - well, I'd say I see one, but ya know, I really
hate logons with GDM/XDM/KDM - so I generally opt to logon and start X
manually anyways...only time I like XDM's is on a Solaris/Irix/HPUX
box...and this it ain't! (grin)

Nah...I don't want to go that route. I really like the control of a
text-based logon, but would like to change the WM preference INSIDE of a
GUI - in RedHat, you have the "switchdesk" script which is easily
modified to incorporate quite a number of different "desktops" or wm's -
that's what I was looking for - otherwise, I can just create a script to
change my ~/.xsession - which I don't mind writing, but I really didn't
want to "reinvent the wheel" as it were. And actually, the more I think
about it, I might be able to copy the "switchdesk" application/scripts
from one of my RH vm's and modify it to work with MDK...hmm....

...any other suggestions mate? Appreciate that one for sure...

November 5th 2002
             __    __
            /  \ /| |'-.
           .\__/ || |   |
        _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'
       | /  \__.`=._) (_
       |/ ._/  |"""""""""|
       |'.  `\ |         |
!                s.m.kuhn                !
!  kuhn media australia - kma.0catch.com !
!  The other cat's food is automatically !
!        preferable to their own.        !