On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 04:43, Anders Lind wrote:

> Hiya!
>
> I've been using KDE for the past few days and now I feel like I could switch
> to some other Windowmanager ( I was told KDE isnt the best choice when it
> comes to speed and reliability ), or at least *try* to do so. I remember
> using WindowMaker a few months ago, but I didn't like it that much. I mean,
> it *was* fast and reliable, but I had some problems with the interface and
> unless someone here can recommend a good place to get a tutorial or some
> additional information, I would think twice before going back at it.
>
> I love WindowMaker, it is a nice and smooth windowmanager, there are plenty
> of documentation on www.windowmaker.org
>
> Okay, to make a long story short: if anyone could either recommend me a good
> windowmanager or give me a hint on where I can find some background
> information on them (WindowMaker in particular), I'd be thankful.
>

> Personally I don't mind KDE either, but on a P 166 Mhz it is sloooooow.
>
> Cheers
>
> Anders

Why not just settle for something like say, Enlightenment? It's fast,
highly configurable, has heaps of themes, low on resource, has heaps of
"epplets" with it...(it is in your package if you want to install it)

--
Wed Nov  6 09:30:00 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389

"You tried it just for once, found it alright for kicks,
 but now you find out you have a habit that sticks,
 you're an orgasm addict,
 you're always at it,
 and you're an orgasm addict."
-- The Buzzcocks