> Howdy Angus, list memebers,
>
> I am curious if anybody knows will this work if I do not have Windows
> installed on my system, can I still "import" windows fonts into mandrake
> 9.0?
>
> I do have a computer in the house which has WinME (that is the
> newest version of windows I have access to) and have copied the font
> directory to my system.  Do have to create a windows/font directory on a
> fat32 file system - which I still have on a second hard drive in my
> system, then "just" point Drakfont to it?
>
> Suppose I could just try it, but after reading about other problems
> people have had with Drakfont I thought I would ask and hopefully
> somebody has done the same thing as I am attempting.
>
> Thanks for any help
> Steve
>
> On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:41:03 -0300
> "Angus Auld" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Greetings, I  just wanted to pass this along.......I thought I would
> > import my MS fonts from my windows partition (winME), after reading
> > about being able to do that with Drakfont. Also, I read that MS fonts
> > are much better than those used by Mdk.
> >
> > I am more partial to readability than style, and I really like just
> > plain old Arial font. Arial was not available in Mdk however.
> >
> > Well, I used Drakfont in the "Mandrake Control Center-System
> > Configuration Tool" to "get windows fonts". Drakfont imported the
> > fonts w/o trouble, and I am now using MS fonts (Arial [Monotype]). I
> > can't believe the difference! The fonts are so much clearer. I will
> > never bash MS for their fonts at least, again ;-)
> >
> > This has made my Mandrake 9.0 look so much cleaner and easier on the
> > eyes.
> >
> > Just thought I would share my observations. :-)
> > All the best.
>>
>>--Angus
Hi Steve, yes I think you can do it by just pointing Drakfont to the directory that
you have put the fonts in. But don't take my word for it....please. I had no problem
getting the fonts from my winME partition. I followed the directions that I found
here:  http://lli.linux-bangalore.org/ttfonts.php
Check it out, and see what you think. Maybe someone else more knowledgable can advise
you more.

Good luck to you! All the best.

--Angus

How do you destroy a righteous person? Give him or her one follower! --ancient
Cherokee saying (fr. "Earth Medicine" by Jamie Sams)