Steve wrote:

> Ok,
> I took my own suggestion and attempted importing the windows fonts.
> After some trial and error, I was able to import the fonts (and after
> reading your message Derek, I discovered I do not have perlftlib
> installed???) but now I have a /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont/tmp
> directory which appears to hold the exact same contents of
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont - my question is does anybody else
> have this?
>
> Can I delete that directory without any problems?
>
> I was thinking that maybe during my attempts to import the fonts,
> somehow I imported twice, and the excess /tmp directory just
> contains a previous - but apparently successful import.
>
> Now the only problem is how to get those fonts into Galeon, or sylpheed.
> They show up in preferences for gedit, not galeon or sylpheed. What...do
> I have to reboot or restart x in order for them to show up?
>
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:13:59 +0000
> Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > You can import Windows fonts using Samba.
> >
> > Just mount the remote windows directory with Samba and then use the
> > 'Advanced' button in Drakfont to point to individual font files.  Or
> > else copy the font files to any media and import from there.
> >
> > NOTE: There is an issue with drakfont - A required RPM often does not
> > get installed. Before importing your Windows fonts make sure you have
> > the perlftlib RPM installed.
> >
> > derek

I just checked my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont directory, and I do not have a
/tmp directory there. I have /ttf & /Type1 directories in /drakfont.

I don't think I had to reboot to get the fonts to show up in applications. Are they
listed in your fonts list?

All the best.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber