On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:52:51PM +0000, John Richard Smith wrote:

> Thanks,
> Question,   Is it possible that grip goes on the net passively,
> that is in the background , while you are on the net for some
> other reason, retrieves db and stores it, because until today,
> I don't consciously remember ever going on the net for db retrieval, yet
> cddb is full of data files.They got there somehow.
> John

I believe that's what it does. If you play a CD you've never played
before and you're not connected to the Net, Grip won't be able to query
the db server (mine uses freedb), and you should not get the track info.
There's a setting for for it, and I believe you can have it not query
the db.

But then again, for all I know CDs may contain all that info that Grip
can parse directly from the CD without connecting to a db.

Todd