Now that is odd, are we talking Mandrake 9.0 standard install version,
gripv3.0.0, because I have a superb manual on mine, a shining example
of how good manual are constructed, only slight criticism I might have
is that perhaps there were a few definitions missing, particularly
technical terms that newbies may not be familiar with. otherwise
I could not fault it.

Are you sure. Though M8.2's grip does not have a help file I notice.

John

villoing wrote:

Thanks John. But unfortunatly (or fortunatly ;-) ), I was obliged to write the title, authors ...
Another question: in fact, the problem is that I'm obliged to ask it here because all the links in the help section in grip don't seem to work. So, no documenttation, no, howto, no faq. And I didn't find that on the net. What's going wrong ?

John Richard Smith wrote:

villoing wrote:

How can I make informations contained in each track of a cd recognizeable by grip ?

Which information do you mean.

If you mean the name of the track, and performer, then log on
to the net with something like kppp .
click the tab in gript to let it compare your
CD recognition number  which is being read from the cdrom,
with info listed on the website, it takes a few seconds or so and ,
when it has compared  notes, the info will appear in grip.

then save and that info is held in .cddb in your home directory.

If per chance you don't get a response, then type the info from
your cd case notes using the text editor provided, save, and
also upload that info to the net via the tab in grip, then other will
bennifit from your diligence , as you will benifit from their efforts
in the past.

John

--
John Richard Smith