Don and Alexa Pongracz wrote:

Hi, I'm Alexa, and really new to the Linux route but sticking with it
because I want to.
I had Mandrake 8.2 installed and don't have any dollars to get the upgrade.
Well, it bombed on me and I lost my X thing for the desktop so I have to
reinstall. Now my internet, never a problem before won't install.
As I lay in bed last night thinking...I wondered if I tried to jam too much
on ie: lots of packages where only one was highlighted (button) and if I
should just stick to workstation and games. At least, that's what I'm trying
this morning.
The best thing about yesterday was finding this support group. Like someone
else, I am back in windows, but on my husbands machine. I develop Web Pages,
have a goal of owning my own Linux server, and really want to learn. Finally
there's someone I can ask questions of...second question..will the group get
too irritated if I ask really dumb questions?

This list is for anyone who does not know.Feel free to ask the dumbest
questions.

But Alexa it's hard to give advice if you don't write what your
problem is.

Start by writing down in as much detail as you can muster what exactly
you are having a problem with, then include details of your computers
components. Also specify which operating system and version you are
trying to install.

John

--
John Richard Smith