On Sunday 17 November 2002 01:28 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 23:43, Peter Watson wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > there are cheaper alternatives -
> > > thrid-party distributors such as www.chepabytes.com sell Mandrake very
> > > cheaply,
> >
> > </snip>
> >
> > Thats www.cheapbytes.com
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Pete
>
> Why are we talking about "buy Mandrake" when it's freely downloadable?
> This is free software - you pay for packaging, support and the
> likes...otherwise, it's free software. We should be promoting it as free
> software - no matter what version of linux you favor...They've got ADSL
> - they can download the entire set if she already doesn't have it - or
> even go so far as to do a reinstall via ftp...
>
> ...but buy?

Yeah, buy, I do crashtesting and beta testing on ML since 8.0 and still buy
the boxed set from Mandrake just to give the company support. I also need to
join the Club but haven't yet cause I keep spending money on the wrong
things. :  )  Anyway, if no one buys from Mandrakesoft then they go away : (
The Standard box set  for 3 CDs and the manual is only $39 US .  I realize
that in many cases that is a considerable amount of money but for a few out
there it is in the budget area.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842