On Saturday 16 Nov 2002 6:10 pm, you wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:28:52 +0000
>
> Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >     Do you have numlock on? I believe it needs to be
> >
> > How odd - but it is on.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Clt+Alt+ 'keypad +/-'   rotates among all the screen definitions defined in
> your XF86Config-4 file. If when you did your recent install you selected a
> monitor with only one resolution, then obviously you will not be able to
> rotate resolutions. (Oh and it only works in KDE)

I did have a problem with monitor install (but not when I installed before).
It kept telling me that I had 85MHz refresh, which it can't handle, so I had
to try to convince it to take something else.  Maybe I chose wrongly.  It's
difficult to tell, as when you call up the whateverDrake it always highlights
the monitor setting that it had originally (when it was wrong) and,
incidentally, so far as I know that was what it had before IYSWIM.

Maybe I've got a wrong monitor setting, then.

> Why did you reinstall anyway?
>
>   That is Windows thinking
>
> derek

No, not really.  I didn't really want to, but I had a rather messy hdd
layout, over three disks, one of which is only 4Gb, so you can guess how old
it is.  I still have to dual-boot, because there are some windows apps I
really need.  (I'm going for win4lin soon, so we'll see what that does)
Since I want to put 9.0 on, I decided that my disks needed a thorough clean
out.  I've backed up everything I can, recorded all the images, etc., in the
hope of getting a windows install for the very few apps I still need, 8.2
until I've got any 9.0 problems sorted (I'm a little alarmed at some of the
posts about hardware not cooperating) and a new 9.0 install - all on my 2 x
20Gb hdds.

I wouldn't have bothered if it hadn't needed such a clean-out to give me a
chance to get 3 OSs onto the 2 hdds.

Now if I can fool the family into thinking I'm not here tomorrow, I'll go for
it.

Anne