with MySpell dictionary and hyphenation dictionary installed (en_US)
[mdk 9.0 CD 3], in OO.o, open: Tools > Options > Language Settings >
Writing Aids and then check the first box in the top section (turning on
MySpell spell checker).  In other sections of that window, you can set
the options, including automatic spell checking (incorrectly spelled
words will be underlined in red).  It works fine for me.

HTH.

--
Erik

Linux User 288105