On Tuesday 19 Nov 2002 10:40 pm, Robin Turner wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I used MCC to set up the modem, since I occasionally need to send a fax.
> > In fact I don't want it connected most of the time - just the ability to
> > get it working quickly when I do need it.
>
> Does anyone know if there's a way to send faxes via an ethernet connection?

I asked my adsl isp, who is infinitely more helpful than most, and he said
that he thought it was not possible.

> > I need an icon somewhere linked so that I can use dial-up when I need it.
> > Under 8.2 there was a desktop icon automatically.  How can I set up a
> > similar easy access?
>
> Just set up an icon to execute kppp

OK - I've just put it on the menu.   I can't use it for the internet, as I
think the adsl has grabbed that, but then I didn't want to.  I have sent a
test fax this morning, just by writing it in KMail and 'send to fax' and it
has worked, so that'll do for me.

Anne