On Thursday 28 November 2002 04:11 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 Nov 2002 11:54 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > Hi, all, I thought it would be a good idea to install the MS TTF fonts
> > and give myself some more options. I was more than satisfied with the
> > default fonts but being the perpetual tinkerer I had to do it. Now the
> > problem is I don't have the original sets, like the helvetica family is
> > missing and some others. Anyone know how to get them back into the mix? I
> > have looked at /etc/fonts/fonts.gonf and don't see anything to change  to
> > get them back. Help is appreciated.
>
> Dennis - I'm surprised at this.  Helvetica is still on my list on
> OpenOffice. Are you sure they've disappeared, or is it one application in
> particular that can't see them?
>
> Anne

Anne, the app they disappeared from was actually kmail and konqueror for sure,
the only fonts I could bring up there was the MS fonts that I installed. I
must have gotten only part of the MS fonts also cause the ones I did have
were really bad. Even with antialiasing.  I uninstalled and have my generic
ML 9.0 fonts back and I like them well enough to leave MS to MS. Thanks,
--
Dennis M.  linux user # 180842