Hi again,

Sorry, but I seem to have deleted the answer given to my question about
having newly installed fonts available at startup.

My question was:
> I installed new fonts recently in /usr/X11R6/bin/X11/fonts. What
> should I do to make the fonts available when I start my PC? Do I
> need to include the xset command in some configuration file?

I tried to add the font paths to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, so the file now
looks like this:

<begin>
# File generated by XFdrake.

# **********************************************************************
# Refer to the XF86Config man page for details about the format of
# this file.
# **********************************************************************

Section "Files"
    # Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated
together)
    # By default, Mandrake 6.0 and later now use a font server
independent of
    # the X server to render fonts.
    FontPath "unix/:-1"
    FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/freefont"
    FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/sharefont"
    FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/URW"
EndSection

etc....
<end>

It doesn't work (I tested it by trying the text tool in Gimp). Did I
make the entry wrong?
I read something about adding to file /etc/rc.d/rc.local but I couldn't
figure out what should be added there and why. Could this be the
solution?

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Marco
--
"Tell me about these oppressed masses. What's got them so worked up ?"
"They're upset, sir, because they are so poor that they are forced to

Registered Linux user #268279

* This message is composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer *