SNIP

> I agree with your observations as to Opera should get their manure
> straightened out if they want to retain the Linux community. Having said
> that though, I must add that in spite of the problems, I'm still using
> Opera. I am on a dialup, and Opera is just plain a lot faster than any
> other browser I've tried thus far. And it has a bunch of great features
> too. I got hooked on Opera under MS, and just continue with it under Linux.
> If it would only perform as good w/Linux as it does w/MS.......
>
> Maybe the next release?
>
> All the best. :-)
>
> --Angus
>
> "An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he
> knows absolutely everything about nothing."

I am sticking with Opera 6.03 for the moment. 6.1 just seems too flaky. The
fonts look great on some pages, and terrible on others, and the darned thing
keeps segfaulting. However the features that keep me using Opera are the
'Windows in Window' (as opposed to Tabbed browsing as in mozilla), and the
mouse gestures. (galeon has gestures too, but I find Opera's a lot nicer to
use.). Oh and it is really fast. Especially on my deadly slow 233Mhz laptop.

But for people looking for a fast browser phoenix is worth looking at.
http://mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/
It has the standards compliance of mozilla with a speed comparable to Opera

derek