On Saturday 30 November 2002 07:14 pm, you said, and I quote:

> Other files that can cause 'funnies' during logon are ~/.ICE-authority and
> ~./MCOP-random-seed  These also get recreated when you log in, but if you
> are nervous you can always just rename them.

Renamed both of those,  no change, had to reboot.  Tried to log in as root,
same situation, screen goes black, then back to welcome screen again.  I did
a CTRL-E to restart X, kde did load up the 2nd time I tried this.  I
completely shut down the system, brought it backup but the problem is still
there.  Anything else you think I should try?

--
  Regards
  Chris