Fuji Finepix runs fine using the usb-storage module. This is the way I
configured a Fuji FinePix S602 to run under Mandrake 9.0 via usb

A) Be sure you have the next modules loaded:
usb
usb-core
usb-storage
usb-scsi

B) Create a dir to be monted:
mkdir -m 777 /mnt/camera

C) plugin (usb) the camera and:
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera

And it should run, you will have the images in a directory inside /mnt/camera.

When you finis, unplug the camera and umount /mnt/camera.

Note: you can include the line:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/camera auto,user,noauto,nosuid 0 0

In /etc/fstab to allow any user mount it.

Also if you have a laptop yo can use a pcmcia adapter for the CompactFlash or
StarMedia card used.

--
Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
Departamento de Biología Vegetal