All;
I just thought I'd pass this along.
Over the weekend I picked up the new Olympus S4040 Digital Camera
(impressive little camera!). If any one is interested in these cameras,
rest assured, it worked with Linux right out of the box! I just hooked
it up to the USB, and mounted the device (/dev/sda1 in my case).
It was identified as a SCSI emulated mass storage device. Very very
simple to hook up & use. So even though it's not on the hardware
compatability list, it does work.

BTW: I'm running MDK 8.0, on an intel box.

Now I just need to get gphoto to recognize it. Not too much luck there,
but I really don't care too much, gimp will do.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along.