On Friday 06 December 2002 04:23, greg wrote:
> Hi,
> I am so dissapointed with the mandrake package.  It has all the looks, and
> frills, but the system itself has failed me in one of the most critical
> ways.  No internet!  So annoying.  Windows has no probs fully setup first
> time I boot in, with no further configuration, Red Hat the same, didn't
> have to touch a single setting to get it to work, but with Mandrake I have
> tried every possible combination known to me, and set everything as it
> should be, re-installed three times, with less and less packages installed
> to see if anything was interferring with the net connection, but no go.  It
> looks like I will be getting rid of it for good, and reverting back to Red
> Hat, where I can at least use the system.  If you don't know what problems
> I have had, just do a search for my posts "internet problem & mandrake 9"
> for an idea. I am about to go to work, but I think tomorrow, if nothing has
> come up and I still can't get it to work, that will be it.
> Unbelievable!
>
> thanks to those who have tried to help, but I can't take this anymore.
>
> regards Greg

Dear Greg,

I do not know if this helps you because I am not familiar with your modem or
situation however, I am using Suse 8 now as well as Mandrake 9 and the Suse 8
discussion group has this suggestion:

>If you follow exactly ( and nothing more) the instructions from SuSE

>http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/configSpeedTouch.html

>it works fine. No longer need for the Benoit Papillault modules. No files to
modify.

I hope someone is able to help you. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Marcia

that sounded related to your problem.