Hi.

On Fri 2002-12-06 at 09:00:09 -0600, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Friday December 6 2002 07:17 am, Steve Jeppesen wrote:
> > If this person is burning copies off a set of disks and then selling
> > them, isn't that illegal though?  I mean I will (and have) burned a
> > set of disks from my copy, then GAVE  it to a friend is ok, but
> > selling the high number of sets of disks this person is doing is
> > wrong, **unless** endorsed by Mandrake somehow.
> >
> > Just my 2 cents worth, thus the reason for the first post - I have no
> > idea if this person is legit or not.
>
>    It is legit, tho slightly expensive. This person is doin nothin
> different (or illegal) than the many websites like cheapbytes do. The
> software is still free. The packaging and S&H is what's being charged
> for.

I do not believe that it is legit. Of course, copying and selling
Mandrake CDs is perfectly legal, as that is explicitly allowed by the
GPL.

But the page makes it look like it were the official package I would
get. It is at least in the legal questionable.

>   http://www.opensoars.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=73  is sellin
> Mdk 9.0, 3 CD sets for $2.99 ....

But those make quite clear, that you only get the CDs and not support
or whatever else may be contained in the official packages. They also
mention where you can download it for free (well, except your online
costs, of course ;-).

Bye,

        Benjamin.